- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- General Election - Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at the Pomfret Town Offices. SAMPLE BALLOT
Pomfret Road Closure: Pomfret Road will be closed between Dana Road and Howe Hill Road (from 7045-7090 Pomfret Road) on Saturday October 25, 2014 starting at 7:00am for a culvert replacement. Please seek alternate routes on that day. The road will be down to one lane for the subsequent 3 weeks for headwall construction, road repairs and finish work. If you have any questions, please contact Art Lewin at the Town Garage at 457-2767.
General Election - Tuesday November 4, 2014: The polls will be open at the Town Offices (5218 Pomfret Road) from 8am-7pm on election day. If you are not yet a registered voter, you must be added to the checklist before October 29th in order to vote in this election. VOTER APPLICATION
If you are unable to make it in to vote but still wish to cast a ballot, you may request an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots are now available at the Town Clerk's Office, and will be available until close of business on Monday November 3rd (2:30pm). All ballots must be returned by the time the polls close on November 4th. ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST FORM
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age or older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $8 for neutered/spayed dogs and $12 for unaltered dogs, and after April 1st the cost is $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $16 for unaltered dogs.
Dump Coupons: Dump coupon prices increased on July 1st to $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2014-15 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30).
Holiday Hours: The Town Offices will be closed on Friday November 28, 2014 and Wednesday December 24, 2014.
- 8/27/2014: Barber Hill Road will be closed to thru-traffic starting September 1, 2014 through November 30, 2014 for construction of a bridge between 392 and 659 Barber Hill Road. Please contact Art Lewin at the Town Garage (457-2767) with any questions.
- 10/6/2014: The Town of Pomfret is seeking proposals for a three year period for plowing, sanding and salting of the Pomfret School. For a complete copy of the proposal, you may download the terms HERE, or call the Town Clerk's Office at (802)457-3861 to obtain a paper copy via fax or email.
- 10/17/2014: Pomfret Road will be closed between Dana Road and Howe Hill Road (from 7045-7090 Pomfret Road) on Saturday October 25, 2014 starting at 7:00am for culvert replacement. The road will be down to one lane for the subsequent 3 weeks for headwall construction, road repairs and finish work.