- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
- Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at the Abbott Memorial Library
Special Meetings & Events
- GUVSWD Collection Events
- Green-Up Day is Saturday May 7th. Bags will be available in the Town Office the week before, and full bags can be dropped off at the Town Garage that day ONLY between 8am-1pm.
NOTICE: A reminder that it is illegal to burn brush or have any outdoor fires without first being issued a burn permit from the Fire Warden Frank Perron. Permits are only issued by the Fire Warden and only under favorable burning conditions. Please contact Frank at 457-3402 or Deputy Fred Doten at 457-1345 before attempting any outdoor burns. Verbal permission must be given - leaving a message at their residences is not sufficient for a permit!
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age and older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $14 for unaltered dogs. After April 1st the fees increase to $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the up-to-date rabies certificate. 2016 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2015-16 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2016.
Upcoming GUVSWD Collection Events click here
- Kindergarten Registration: The Prosper Valley School (Pomfret) will be registering new students for kindergarten on May 2nd from 12:30-2:00pm. Please call Sarah Walker at the school at 457-1234 if you have any questions!
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret
Pomfret in the news:
- Article about Daphne Pike Gratiot - Valley News Monday March 21, 2016