- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
- Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at the Abbott Memorial Library *NOTE - December's meeting will be held at Anne Bower's home, 757 Cloudland Road, 12/19 at 6:00pm.
Special Meetings & Events
- Afterschool Program: Lantern Workshop & Walk - Thursday December 8th at the Abbott Memorial Library. To celebrate the approaching winter solstice, we will make lanterns followed by a parade on the hill behind ArtisTree. Workshop begins at 3:00, parade at 4:45. Parents are welcome to join! Refreshments will be served.
General Election Results 11/8/2016
Justices of the Peace: Jack Crowl, Charles Gundersen, Marge Wakefield, JoAnn Webb, Jim Havill
HOLIDAY OFFICE HOURS:
The Town Offices will be closed the following days: Friday December 23rd, Monday December 26th, and Monday January 2nd. Normal business hours will be in effect all other days (MWF 8:30-2:30).
Tax Due Dates:
FY 2017 (July 2016 - June 2017)
1st installment: Friday August 19, 2016 by 2:30pm
2nd installment: Friday February 10, 2017 by 2:30pm
Interest on overdue taxes will be charged at 1% per month. All delinquent taxes will be subject to an 8% penalty after February 11, 2017 in accordance with Vermont Statutes (32 V.S.A. § 1674).
Treasurer's Quarterly Report - 2016-17 1st Quarter:
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age and older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses before April 1st are $10 for neutered/spayed dogs, $14 for unaltered dogs. After April 1st the fees increase to $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the up-to-date rabies certificate. 2016 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $43.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2016-17 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2017. The price of the dump coupons increased on July 1, 2016 to $43.00 per 10-punch card.
Zoning and ZBA Notices and Decisions, 2016:
- Chippers Inc. May 19, 2016
- Teago Grange Hall/Purple Crayon Productions June 22, 2016
- Suicide Six Ski Area (Woodstock Resort Corp.) July 1, 2016
- Chippers Appeal Hearing October 6, 2016
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret
- Battery collection locations, sponsored by GUVSWD info
Pomfret in the news: