- Selectboard - 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Planning Commission - 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Town Offices
- Auditors - every Monday at 9:00am at the Town Offices
- Abbott Library Trustees - 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Library *December's meeting will be held on the 14th
- School Board - 1st Monday of each month at 6:00pm at the Prosper Valley School Library
Fire Truck Request for Proposals: Here
- Road Crew Worker, Temporary-Full Time Job Description
- Administrative Assistant to the Selectboard: Job Description
Land Posting: With hunting season upon us, please remember that if you wish to post your land to restrict hunters from using it, you must register your parcel with the Town and State before you can post signs. The fee is $5 per parcel per year, and forms can be obtained in the Town Clerk's office during regular business hours. If a hunter uses your land and it is not properly posted and currently registered, you will have no legal recourse against them, even if you have signs posted.
NOTICE: A reminder that it is illegal to burn brush or have any outdoor fires without first being issued a burn permit from the Fire Warden Frank Perron. Permits are only issued by the Fire Warden and only under favorable burning conditions. Please contact Frank at 457-3402 before attempting any outdoor burns.
Dog Licenses: All dogs and wolf-hybrids, 6 months of age or older, must be licensed with the Town Clerk each year on or before April 1st. A current rabies certificate is needed for each animal. The rates for licenses after April 1st are $12 for neutered/spayed dogs, $18 for unaltered dogs. The license form may be downloaded here and mailed in to the Town Clerk's office with payment and a copy of the rabies certificate.
2015 License Form
Dump Coupons are available for $42.00 per 10-punch card. The price for the permit stickers is $20 for the first vehicle, and $14 for each additional vehicle per household. 2015-16 Permit stickers are available for purchase at the Town Office during regular business hours (MWF 8:30-2:30) and are valid through June 30, 2016.
- Pre-K Registration: Starting September 2016, The Prosper Valley School (formerly Pomfret School) will offer a pre-Kindergarten program for 3- and 4-year-old children. To help in planning, the supervisory union currently is collecting pre-registration information. Please contact Sarah Walker ASAP at 457-1234 if you plan to register a pre-schooler next Fall.
If you would like to subscribe to the Pomfret email listserv (not an entity of the Town of Pomfret), follow this link for instructions: http://lists.vitalcommunities.org/lists/info/pomfret